I had a similar problem with an S3 TRIO and the only way I could get the
card to work was during the installation processes. Boot from the CD and
hit F1 when the CD first boots (you should see and option for it). Then
type 'vgalo' in the command line. Once I did this, my video came up and
worked pretty good. Hopes this helps, 'cause I know how frustrating this
problem can be. I worked on it for three weeks in my spare time.

Please let me know if this was a help, as I'm a newbie myself. :)

Riker