On Wednesday 07 February 2001 18:42, scxxx linux  wrote:
> Knowing that this list belongs to Mandrake users. I want to know the
> bunch of reasons why you picked up mandrake´s distribution.
------------------
Wed Feb 7 20:08:17 2001

Well Chava, I selected MDK from five distros and demos that I had in my
hand...the sole reason was that it was the one , that was optomised for
a pentium processer...   I had no experience at all with Linux and
based my selection on that one fact......

 I have now built a Plll ATX machine and am running MDK 7.2   ......
I have never tried another Distro because ,,extensive study has not
revealed any features that MDK does not already provide for my specific
application..

I am quite comfortable with this list and with the mandrakers like
Civileme et al.. helping me when I hit a wall...

        I fully intend to continue running MDK and am anxiously anticipating
the coming release of  version 8.

besides I wouldn't look good in a red hat.
--
Olly P
Biloxi