On Saturday 17 February 2001 04:33, you wrote:
>      The modem beeps the way it's supposed to, and the little window tells
> me that it is connecting me to the Internet, but when it is finished I
> can't get to anywhere in Netscape.  It tells me that every address is
> unknown.  I cannot ping anything either.  The command ping gives the reply
> that the address is unknown, no matter whom I try to ping.
>
>      It's been a couple of months since I used Linux, but when I did, I had
> no trouble getting out on the Internet.  I have checked the "kppp
> configuration" settings, and they are correct -- they are the same they
> were a couple of months ago, when everything worked just fine.  I can't
> figure this out.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  I am grateful for all
> help.
>                                                                 DRX
Take a look at the DNS setup in LinuxConfig. I have seen it stick a temporary
address in there, instead of the ISP name server and hold on to it if you had
a bad shutdown or forgot to shut down the modem before shutting down the
system. If it shows two or three temporary xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx addresses change
them back to your ISP dial up addresses and then try connecting.  Luck,
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842