As the original poster of this, I'm thinking its time to put it to rest,
It was not my intention to start a MS vs. Linux discussion as I feel
this is not the place for it.  I think those of us on this list have
mandrake and/or some other distro for our own reasons, probably most of
us also use microsoft products for our own reasons and that's probably
enough said.  Now on to the (non)solution to the original problem(seems
it must be a hardware problem).

             Re: cdrecord errors??
        Date:
             Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:11:41 +0100 (MET)
        From:
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     <snip>
original message stating problems w/cdrw and cdrecord
</snip>
Mitsumi ignores SCSI standards, I cannot help.

However, the CD should be OK after some time.

Jörg

 EMail:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353
Berlin
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have
iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org
Schilling
ftp://ftp.fokus.gmd.de/pub/unix