Its an IDE CD-RW. I don't think it runs off a controller card, but I'm not
100% on that. I did go into the BIOS to check to see if PNP was enabled,
but there wasn't anything that said anything about it...cheesy Compaq...

But I did find a list of IRQ stuff:

PCI Devices

Compaq VGA Controller - IRQ 11
Intel USB Controller - IRQ 11
Intel SMBus Controller - IRQ 5
Compaq audio device - IRQ 5
Ethernet Controller - IRQ 5

Any idea if any of this stuff could be affecting me?

peace,

Rog

http://www.slammingrooves.com
Registered Linux user #190719