-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, 2 May 2001 6:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] If this will not turn businesses to Linux I don't
know what will.

But isn't the MS whole plot is to have you "rent" or "lease" software from
the .NET and ASPs.  What they seem to be doing is making harder and harder
for someone to buy and install software on their own machine.  They don't
want anyone to control the software and the PC.  I would not doubt that in a
couple of years you will have to pay by the hour to run MS Windows but
they'll obsfuscate in a way such that they make it look like you are paying
a service (like an electrical utility) to run their software...