If you think about it, Microsnot,, is just a bunch of little boys in suits,,
most of them lawyers not programmers,,
so they are getting pissed that they are being surpassed by open source and
losing revenue because of it,, they also need to impress their shareholders
by saying they are doin things to increase their earnings,,(like trying to
have open source software made illegal because they think it steals
Intellectual property... (something microsnot doesn't have anyway...)

We are ruining all their fun, we should all roll over and just install
Win2000 and then upgrade and upgradea, and basically give MS all our credit
card details and stuff so they don't have to bother with actually giving us
something for our money.

I think it sad that they have become so mercinary and pathetic,, once upon a
time, they actually played a big part in ensuring we have a choice, instead
of all being forced to have Macs.....

Unfortunatly, they have done nothing right since... and the number of people
that hate microsoft now, is reaching all time highs,,,,

But think about it, what they are doing is really a good thing,,

They are slowly pissing off all their resellers,, and the only reason they
have some still, is because newbies all want win98 or whatever... once that
is no longer the case,, and linux has progressed to the point where it is as
easy to install apps and work with,,, etc.

you can bet that a good many of the resellers will drop windows altogether,,
for two reasons,,,

1. nobody likes being told they HAVE to do something THIS way or else...
2. and this is the biggie,, Linux is free, cheaper computers,, more profit,
and more competitive pricing,,,. also, good rates for support and stuff...

give it time, it will turn out that microsnot has shot itself in the foot,,
sad, because of what could have been once upon a time,, but in the long
term, they will get split up by the justice dept, (for one thing
unix/linux/open source users and programmers FAR outweight microsnots
lawyers and staff) and politions are in the practice of keeping the majority
happy,
that will cause a massive stock nosedive for MS and Thats when things will
start changing,...

I think Ms already know all of this, hense the desperation tactics,, they
know they are slowly but surely going downhill and there appears to be
little they can do to stop it...

Their latest attempt is .NET, which is quite clever, as it might end up
supported on Linux, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be
alot more options for it when hosted on W2000 server,, thats the way they
work... Proprietry protocols, and giving a little (to halt some critism) and
takin a lot...

This isn't the 80's anymore, that won't cut it nowadays... something they
will soon learn for themselves...
this is the decade of intellectual sharing...

just my ten cents worth....

Frank Hauptle
Gshop & Network Payment Solutions.