----- Original Message -----
From: "Franki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Newbie@Linux-Mandrake. Com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 5:32 AM
Subject: RE: [newbie] If this will not turn businesses to Linux I don't know
what will.

> If you think about it, Microsnot,, is just a bunch of little boys in
suits,,
> most of them lawyers not programmers,,
> so they are getting pissed that they are being surpassed by open source
and
> losing revenue because of it,, they also need to impress their
shareholders
> by saying they are doin things to increase their earnings,,(like trying to
> have open source software made illegal because they think it steals
> Intellectual property... (something microsnot doesn't have anyway...)
>
> We are ruining all their fun, we should all roll over and just install
> Win2000 and then upgrade and upgradea, and basically give MS all our
credit
> card details and stuff so they don't have to bother with actually giving
us
> something for our money.
>
> I think it sad that they have become so mercinary and pathetic,, once upon
> time, they actually played a big part in ensuring we have a choice,
instead
> of all being forced to have Macs.....
>
> Unfortunatly, they have done nothing right since... and the number of
people
> that hate microsoft now, is reaching all time highs,,,,
>
> But think about it, what they are doing is really a good thing,,
>
> They are slowly pissing off all their resellers,, and the only reason they
> have some still, is because newbies all want win98 or whatever... once
that
> is no longer the case,, and linux has progressed to the point where it is
as
> easy to install apps and work with,,, etc.
>
> you can bet that a good many of the resellers will drop windows
altogether,,
> for two reasons,,,
>
> 1. nobody likes being told they HAVE to do something THIS way or else...
> 2. and this is the biggie,, Linux is free, cheaper computers,, more
profit,
> and more competitive pricing,,,. also, good rates for support and stuff...

Let me interject here that if it is free (Linux) the " standard markup" is
not as easy to figure, and most retail sale people will want to still "keep
it simple stupid" (KISS).  and while I was a proud owner of and 8088 with a
10 MEG !!! hard drive (and a TI with a portable cassette drive)  I can not
remember ever feeling like microsnot was worth dirt.. I prefered DRDOS. heck
it multitasked befor windows, and better.

> give it time, it will turn out that microsnot has shot itself in the
foot,,
> sad, because of what could have been once upon a time,, but in the long
> term, they will get split up by the justice dept, (for one thing
> unix/linux/open source users and programmers FAR outweight microsnots
> lawyers and staff) and politions are in the practice of keeping the
majority
> happy,
WRONG... WRONG...WRONG... seems to me "most politions are in the practice
of" gaining wealth and power to aquire more wealth, regardless of wether
they are in office or not... the majority does not select the PRES in the
USA, as we have just seen. and of you can control the eyeballs of everyone
using windows PCs.....well maybe you can see that some polititicians might
consider these "corrections" of M$ business plans to be just what the doctor
ordered to help "drive America, and the world" to just the spot of stupidity
that would be the best (especially for the bougouis)

> that will cause a massive stock nosedive for MS and Thats when things will
> start changing,...
>
> I think Ms already know all of this, hense the desperation tactics,, they
> know they are slowly but surely going downhill and there appears to be
> little they can do to stop it...
>
> Their latest attempt is .NET, which is quite clever, as it might end up
> supported on Linux, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be
> alot more options for it when hosted on W2000 server,, thats the way they
> work... Proprietry protocols, and giving a little (to halt some critism)
and
> takin a lot...

wait tell you get a glimps of windows XP... and .NET