On Thursday 03 May 2001 14:26, you wrote:
> Go to http://www.konqueror.org and follow the instructions for Java.
>
> On Thursday 03 May 2001 12:39, Kriselda Jarnsaxa wrote:
> > I thought I'd installed Java on my system, but Netscape and Mozilla give
> > errors indicating that they can't find it, and Konquerer, while not
> > giving any error messages, cannot display any Java, either.
> >
> > I was directed to the http://home.netscape.com/plugins/jvm.html page to
> > get Java for Linux Netscape, but could not successfully get the file to
> > download on repeated tries.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kriselda
I went to the konqueror site as listed above and downloaded the Sun JRE tar
file. Once untarred and resident in my /home/dennis I went to Konqueror
settings and pointed it toward the java file within  the JRE directory. So
now java works in konqueror just fine. Next is the dumb fonts. If you need
any help with setting this up (java) I can be more specific on where to do
the pointing etc.  Ever forward
--
Dennis M. registered Linux user # 180842