The Radeon requires X 4.02, so it is not going to work in a stock 7.2
install
and/or system.

I currently have 2 Radeon cards, a 32MB DDR and a 64MB DDR w/VIVO, and I
think
both cards are great.
Both system, a Duron 800mhz and a t-bird 1.00ghz, have the ASUS A7V MOBO and
Maxtor ATA100 hds.
I have had no real problem either installing or running SuSE7.1, RH 7.1, and
of course Mandrake 8.0.
Additionally with Mandrake 8.0 I was using the experimental 3d hardware
acceleration.

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.