Probably the easiest way to do this is to run through the Mandrake
installation again. Pop your CD in, reboot, and choose an upgrade
install (expert mode). When it comes to selecting packages, unselect
everything and continue. By the end, your CD-RW should be configured
as a SCSI device.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson