On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:58, Jay needs a Guinness wrote:
> You are chuggin'?!!??!!  I still have a Compaq 2266 with a Cyrix
> 225MHz. Thank God I installed more RAM and a new hard drive.  Me PC
> is horribly obselete.  But, not to disappoint you all, the new
> computer I buy will be the new Dual Proc Mac with OS X.  I refuse to
> buy Windoze ever again, and I miss Macs.

If I didn't have 256MB of RAM and a 12GB hard drive (which was
absolutely massive when I bought it in 1998), I would've gone nuts a
long time ago. My computer may be a bit on the slow side, but it's
*just* (only just) fast enough to run GNOME with apps like Konqueror
with anti-aliased fonts.

I hope you don't plan on abandoning GNU/Linux entirely. Remember,
Mandrake have a PPC Mac version in the works -- it's currently at the
beta 1 stage, so it should be out quite soon. It even has a nifty app
(Mac on Linux) that'll allow you to run Mac apps in Linux! If you're
interested, there's a good FAQ list for Mac on Linux at
http://www.ibrium.se/linux/overview.html.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson