At 08:46 AM 07/07/2001 -0700, D. Hoyem wrote:
>Lucas,
>  I did not see any reply's to your question so i
>will. If you had a dual boot machine and used lilo the
>first thing you need to do is go to the Dos prompt and
>do fdisk /mbr that will elimate lilo on the boot
>sector and reset your machine to boot automatically to
>the windoz. Then do a format D: assuming this is the
>drive that Mandrake is on and that will reformat the
>Linux drive back to either FAT16 or FAT32 whichever
>you want.
Actually, you still won't be able to simply "format" the second hard drive,
as even after having removed lilo the second drive will still be ext2
formatted / partitioned.  What needs to happen is boot using something
similar to tom's root / boot disk (link should be off the "distribution
page" of linux.org), run fdisk, remove all ext2 partitions.  Boot into
windows, run windows fdisk, setting up partitions for a FAT16 or FAT32
partition - if it is a large drive, choose FAT32 (FAT16 has a limit of 2 GB
per partition), then format.

Michael

--
Michael Viron