----- Original Message -----
From: "Erylon Hines" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] SBLive question

> SB Live is well supported by 8.0, so my first inclination is to think that
your mixer volume is either muted or turned all the way down.

> Since you have 8.0, go to the
> Control Panel>System (it's near the bottom)>KDE System Control>Audio,video
and game controllers

> If your SB Live (EMU 100000) shows there, it's not a problem with Mandrake
recognizing the card, it will be sound mixer volume control or something
else.  If it is not there, run sndconfig.

Yes its there alright, and I get a report that the device is working
properly. But the mixer is totally empty - no volume controls or anything,
just a blank grey space. I get the feeling that there is something not there
that should be, but don't know what to do next :-(( I haven't actually
installed anything myself, as the card was detected automatically on
install. Any suggestions as to what to do next?
Heather