Heather Reed wrote:

> [...]
Heather, try to disable (as root) the devfs (device file-system) in
/etc/lilo.conf. Mine looks like this :

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=Linux
        root=/dev/hda2
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append=" hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi devfs=nomount "
        vga=791
        read-only

Worked OK for me, when I had the same problem. Remember to run lilo
after editing.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich