civileme wrote:
>> If people would take notes of a session they had with software
manager, we would be able to see where their intuition leads them (we
are spoiled by being close to its design and implementation <<

Here's something that happened to me yesterday with Software Manager. I
was downloading a rpm file from a mirror site when my modem lost the
connection (a not uncommon situation in our rural area). The Software
Manager continued to spin the indicator despite the fact that nothing
was happenning. I had the modem reconnect, hoping the download would
resume where it was before the connection was lost. Well, nothing
happened. No more downloading started. After five minutes I gave up and
had the modem hang up (we have to pay for local phone calls by the
minute). Software Manager continued to spin the rpminstall (whatever
it's called). I couldn't click on menus, stop rpminstall, or exit
Software Manager. I finally had to click on Xkill and then the Software
Manager window.

It would be nice to at least know what is going on and to have a way to
cancel the download if the connection drops, and then to close down
Software Manager.
 --Judy Miner