On Wednesday 11 July 2001 23:00, Anguo wrote:
> Marcia,
>
> Try one more thing and if it doesn't work, we'll have to ask more advanced
> people for help.
> In the console, type 'which java'.
> -----
> $ which java
> /usr/local/j2re1.3.0/bin/java

Dear Anguo,

I typed the 'which java' and I got usr/bin/java which was a surprise. Then
when I checked the version I got:
Kaffee Virtual Machine copyright 1996-2000, Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.,
Engine: Just-in-time v 3 Version: 1.0.6 Java Version 1.1

This all surprised me since I thought the sun jre1.3.1 was being used. I know
that it was for awhile. Also, Java is working in some capacities because I
used Netscape to view some Gimp manuals. They said you needed something in
Java to view and it came up just fine so something in Java is working.

My question is how do I get the jre1.3.1 which I definitely have installed
enabled and used instead of Kaffee? Thanks for your time and help. I
appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,
Marcia