Have a look at http://OpenOffice.org/. Sun Microsystems released all the
StarOffice code they could (some had been licensed from third parties) under
the GPL. The code has been ported to GTK+ to become OpenOffice. It should be
_far_ better than StarOffice 5.x, especially in font handling and
performance. Sun is going to use the OpenOffice code for a StarOffice 6.0
release later this year. However, the current OpenOffice code can be
downloaded now and it is supposed to be quite usable (I haven't tried it,
however). Binaries are also available.

Think OpenOffice is to StarOffice 6 as Mozilla is to Netscape 6.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson