I have an old Soundblaster 16 that I cannot get to work.  I ran sndconfig and
it would play the sample sounds in the configuration routine.  I think that
the first test was the word "Hello" but I got a "Hel" sounded like it cutoff.
 The midi track played fine.

Anyway, I tried configuring it through Harddrake, couldn't fine
isapnp.config, or something like that.

I tried using it anyway.  CD-player spins away, but no sound.  Running an MP3
through XMMS (and other MP3 players) doesn't work either.  The title scrolls
by, but the song won't play.  If I slide the progress bar, I get snippets of
sound, 1/2 second or so long.

Any help would be appreciated in setting this "classic" soundcard up.

Thanks,

Linus

ASUS P5A
AMD K6-II 400 @420