Ed wrote:
                On both of the machines, when WinME is installed ALONE, it
        screams, all games are really fast, and launching apps is nearly
        instant.

                Once Mandrake (and Grub) are installed, the machines slow
        down significantly.  I would say they run at 10-20 percent of the
        speed they were at.  This includes opening new windows, launching
        apps, and 3d performance.

I run a AMD K6-2 533 MHz with 256 Meg SDRAM, WinME and Mandrake 7.2 on
separate hdds and everything works fine. WinME was fine even when I had
Mandrake 8.0 Standard installed.

Hans N.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com