Not all fonts are created equal!  Some are bitmap-based and I don't think
anti-aliasing applies to them-- try to favour the adobe type fonts or
true-type fonts as these are vector based and they will look better even
without anti-aliasing.

If you're running KDE, you can get a little extra help by running the Control
Center and in the Look'n'Feel under the Fonts option see that the "Use
anti-aliasing for fonts" is checked then verify the fonts that you are using
in the boxes above...

Richie

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com