>I sent it back, haven't had those kinds of problems with any other MB. The
>chipset was VIA... ;-(

Thanks for info.  Got mine recently and performance
is satisfactory w/ Redmond OS, but wuz unaware of
VIA north/south bridge probs.  Have since patched
w/ most recent 4-in-1 drivers (4.32) including
'Vendor Support' thingy.

As is often the case, I learn more about Billy's
cash cow too, when hanging w/ the Linux gurus.

Seems most decent thing would be for VIA to address
Linux probs directly by providing drivers the way it
does for the dozers.  K133E (Apollo) is still
considered solid mid-range and Abit boards wind up
in lotsa Linux boxes too.

Using native drivers, I can run all 4 IDE devices
(2 hddr, dvd/cdr, cdrw) in DMA, plus get turbo AGP
w/ 1.2 gig Thunderbird AMD.  All very affordable.
There's better MBs (DDR etc.) out there, but this
is a solid platform with the right patches.  I'd
love to see Mandrake Linux fully enabled hereon --
would move more hardware if it did.  I'll wait
and watch.

Kirby
Abit KT7E MB w/ K133E VIA chipset