On Friday 24 August 2001 07:48 am,  Charles Punch wrote:

> What do you do if it is important that the whole thread be understood in
> context?

I don't know, maybe read from the beginning of the thread and take them one
at a time.  But maybe that's too logical for ya'.

> I hope it is understood that
> I am not trying to be difficult, but trying to make sense of these
> informal protocol.

No, just insulting.

> Who do I follow? (that was a rhetorical question) I'm goning to follow
> whatever make the most sense, so if you want to change my mind, give me
> a good reason instead of an emotional outburst or you will be ignored.

Number one, I hardly classify my post as an emotional outburst.  I can show
you one if you need an example!
Number two, this is an awfully long ignore!

> A fart is your body complaining. If you want to use that analogy, why
> would you *complain* in public?

You have no sense of humor do ya'?  This list used to be fun...

Why don't you tell me, you're the one bitching.  I thought I would add my .02
cents.  Tell me there have been no opinions expressed.  Following suit is a
good solution.  How about those posts where the original post in somewhere in
the middle of top and bottom postings?

> Posts that complain about problems
> without offering a solution are the equivalent of someone standing in a
> doorway, complaining about people who stand in the doorway.

Yep, you've really helped!

> It does no
> good to oversimplify a problem and apply a blanket "rule" that only
> addresses the part that *you* are upset about. why not be positive and
> illustrate a reasonable alternative?

I wasn't upset until you turned into an asshole.

-s

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com