Hello,

    I am running Mandrake on a Abit motherboard (Abit BP6)
with dual celeron. It looks like the smp kernel works fine.
The celerons I use are quite old (400 MHz) and their FSB clock
rate is 66 MHz. I was thinking I would upgrade to more recent
CPUs (about 800 MHz each, 100 MHz FSB). But I was told that
the 100 MHz celeron may not run an SMP machine. In fact,
it may work on a single processor only., so there is (according
to that person) no point in "upgrading".
    Does anyone have data about this issue?
    Does anybody use a BP6 with 100 MHz celerons?

    Thanks,

    Pascal