I am running celeron 366's with big GlobalWin coolers. They run cool at
550mhz (100mhz fsb) and SMP enabled using Mandrake 8.0.

Your 400mhz celerons do not overclock, I tried.

Intel made the celeron to compete with the cheaper AMD K6 chips. The
original release (without level 2 cache) was junk. When they came out with
the ppga chip w/level 2 and SMP it was outselling the Pentium II. To save
their high end PII and PIII chips, Intel made it difficult to overclock the
400 - 550 mhz celerons.

When AMD introduced the K7 Intel came out with the "flip chip" (fcpga)
celeron. Initially they eliminated SMP, but some of the later models have
SMP pins connected in a new configuration. Ppga and fcpga celerons are not
interchangeable.

Powerleap makes a fcpga to ppga adapter that sells for about 25 USD. The
Abit vp6 motherboard replaced the bp6 for the SMP flip chips at about 175 USD.

Search Google for more info (smp, bp6, vp6, powerleap, etc.).

Lee