On Thursday 06 September 2001 10:43 am, Matt Greer escribió:
> on 9/6/01 10:27 AM, Jon Doe at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I can't beleive I have never needed this up untill now, but what is
> > the keyborad equivilent of paste? In windon't it was Ctrl + v

    and it is in Linux also. Ctrl+c to copy, Ctrl+x to cut, and Ctrl+v
to paste

> If you're in console mode, I don't believe you can cut and paste. You
> can cycle through previous bash commands with the up arrow. If you
> can cut and paste in console mode, I'd love to hear how.

   2 ways to copy from a terminal.  hi-lite the text and Ctrl+c, or
just hi-lite, and then use middle mouse button to paste, or use Ctrl+v

   You can also copy from a teminal output, and paste it back in on the
CL in that same or even a different terminal.
  EG, when I d/l a src.rpm to /home/tom/dl and rebuild it from there,
the rpm(s) are written to  /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i686/
Rather than cd'ing to that dir I just stay right where I'm at and
hi-lite the rpm that was written, then I type 'rpm -Uvh  and then paste
in  /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i686/<rpm that was written>.i686.rpm   and hit
<Enter>.
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay