On Thursday 06 September 2001 12:10 pm, Matt Greer escribió:
> on 9/6/01 11:17 AM, Tom Brinkman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > and it is in Linux also. Ctrl+c to copy, Ctrl+x to cut, and Ctrl+v
> > to paste
>
> Unfortunately only some of the time. Other times you need to use the
> middle mouse button which is a bit unintuitive (and has no equivalent
> key command). Still worse is cutting and pasting is dependent on the
> app, and cutting and pasting between apps sometimes works and
> sometimes doesn't.
>
> I'm very interested in resolving this and setting up universal
> cutting and pasting across all apps in my linux environment, I just
> haven't found the time to look into it. As it stands it makes working
> in Linux rather inefficient.

   I don't have a good answer for that Matt other than I'd put in in
the USER, not OS column. For a long time now I've just used one or the
other. If hi-lite and the middle click fails, Ctrl+c and Crtl+v works,
or a combo of both.  One way or the other I get it done across all
apps, any OS.

    Since I rarely use Windoze anymore 'cept for flying airplanes, I
only vaguley remember the situation is the same with that OS also. It's
not a Linux, Windoze, or any OS deal. It's differences in the software
apps they run, and/or USER deftness and intuition.
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay