I've been talking about it at length - in a suitable place. Could all the
rest of you go somewhere suitable as well please?

Now, can somebody point me at a place where I can get simple
words-of-one-syllable advice for setting up Samba so that I can access
shares on an NT machine from my KDE/Gnome or whatever desktop please.

I have a DVD ROM drive in the NT machine - is it possible to configure
things so that I can load Linux software on a DVD by reading the NT DVD
drive over the network?

John

Any views expressed in this message are the sender's own, and do not
represent the views of Nailsea Family Practice or Woodspring Healthcare
Limited except where the sender specifically states them to be the
views of one or both of those organisations. This e-mail should only be
read by those persons to whom it is addressed. Accordingly, we disclaim
all responsibility and accept no liability (including in negligence) for
the consequences of any person other than the intended recipients acting,
or refraining from acting, on such information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please accept our apologies and we simply request that
you delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited.