-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Sridhar Dhanapalan
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 7:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Ronald J. Hall
Subject: Re: [newbie] Newbies forum (this one)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:39:31 -0400, "Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> >
> > This is the kind of point that I have been trying to make. As you have
said
> > "there are always two sides to every issue". In many cases, there are
even
more
> > than two sides and viewpoints. The US media has managed to convince many
people
> > to believe that all (or many) Palestinians are terrorists, and that they
should
> > all be killed. If you look at things from the view of the Palestinians,
_they_
> > are the ones who are being persecuted.
>
> I'm confused at this (and I apologise for butting in on this thread, but I
> felt I had little choice)...
>
> I've never felt, seen, or been convinced by the press/media in my country
that
> ALL Palestinians are terrorists. As bad and misinformed as they are
sometimes,
> I've just never gotten that from them...

Good for you. That is how everyone should be. However, from looking at the
posts
in places like MandrakeForum.com, it seems as there is a vocal minority who
are
convinced that the answer to the problem is to bomb the entire Middle East
and
kill all the Arabs. That is scary, and IMHO these people are even worse than
the
terrorists.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.