LURKER here, NOT a guru still trying to learn how to be a NEWBY.  NOW for
this prob, just corrected a prob I had with my system.  My system was
booting to LILO and I use the PowerQuest's BootMagic, I booted to LILO and
then typed in windows, then went into the BootMagic Configuration and set
thingys the way I wanted them and exited to DOS and ran 'fdisk /mbr' (with
out the quotes).  Returned to WinBlow$ and exited and did a reboot and WOW!
it worked the way I wanted.  What I am trying to say in all of this is I
did NOT use a WinBlow$ boot disk, did it directly from DOS by just exiting
to it.

At 06:56 AM 9/14/01, you wrote:
>Adam, not two weeks ago I did exactly the same thing, and it was a weekend
>so I had no way of finding out how to fix it. you might want to wait for
>someone to confirm this answer, but you use a Windoze Boot disk get into the
>c drive ( dir c: and press enter) then fdisk /mbr this clears the Master
>Boot Record.....biut like I said, wait for confirmation from someone else

<snippity snip>

>I installed a lnx4win Mandrake 8.0 on a pc, which
>would load a text bootloader fine.
>
>However, when I decided to uninstall, I deleted the
>lnx4win folder (in windows) and rebooted.
>
>Grub still starts and then, being a complete newbie, I
>don't know how to get past it.
>
>Is there any way of getting rid of Grub, so that the
>machine boots straight into Windows?
>
>Thanks
>
>Adam

TIA,