On Saturday 15 September 2001 13:33, you wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 12:02, Jon Doe wrote:
> > Ok, at one time I had apache up and running and serving pages. For some
> > reason now I always just get a:
> >
> > Forbidden
> > You don't have permission to access /index.htm on this server.
> > Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.19 Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 443
> >
> > error. What am I doing wrong?

The apache faq addresses this problem over at www.apache.org.  I had the same
problem but unfortunately the faq's solution didn't work for me. If I try to
move my html root out of /var/www/html (updating the configs to reflect the
change) I get that error, but it's fine if I move it back. I haven't figured
out the cause despite lots of reading.

Matt