First I have a dual O/S.  WIN98/ MandrakeLinux 8. Installed
using DrakX.  I have installed maybe two software programs,
a few directories created.  Now . .

I wanted a file to print the output to the screen.
Manual states cat /proc/pci

Typed the following -

su
Password
cat /proc/<pci

Response was pci no such file. I then did several variations,
PCI, no "<" did a root, root, etc. Response was no such file or
no such directory.
Then I opened KDE graphic module.  Went for a visible search.
Found pci file in root, bus.
Then typed
su
password
find /<pci
again pci no such file.  Tried variations.
cat /bus/pci
Response No such file or directory. File visibly seen does have
a big green "?" on it.
Am I doing something wrong or will it not find the file due
to it only being recognized as a problem during the O/S install.
I additionally have two bus issues, not recognized.
Should pci be in the bus instead of the proc?
Also my root has a root.  Some of these items could be because of
the dual O/S?

Lots of ??? Sorry.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Kathy