On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:16:30 +0800, chris swain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ive come across a problem with kghostview PDF viewer. I can view the pdf from
> a website but after I save it to my hard drive I cannot open it again.
> It gives me the error  kghostview can only open pdf ps or eps files.
> And then wont open the file even though it is a pdf

GhostScript-based viewers, like kghostview and ggv, have trouble reading
particular types of PDF files. Also, these viewers cannot view files that have
spaces in their path or filename.

Try using xpdf (included in Mandrake), or the Adobe Acrobat Reader (download it
from adobe.com).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson