        From:   Sebastian [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Saturday, September 15, 2001 1:31 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: [newbie] StartX-problems

        Thank You Frans!
        It's looks like I have no available space on the / partition:

        File system           1k-blocks      Used        Available   Use%
Mounted on
        /dev/hda5              1075176   1052980          0         100%  /
        /dev/hda7               774040       992          733692      0%
/home
        /dev/hda1              6131992   4434228   1697764    72%
/mnt/windows

        How can I change the partition's size and the mount point? The home
partition is to big
        and the / partition is to less.

        Thank for any suggestions.
        Seba fo friends Sybek.

        Frans Ketelaars wrote:

        > Sebastian wrote:
        > >

        > > > Your font server, xfs is not running.  One reason for xfs not
starting may be
        > > > that you have deleted or moved the folders where all the fonts
are stored.
        > > > To verify that you still have fonts to load, open this file at
the shell
        > > > command prompt:
        > > >
        > > > vi /etc/X11/fs/config
        > > >
        > > > You ought to see some typing about halfway down that looks
like this:

        > > > catalogue = /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled,
        > > >         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled,
        > > >         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled,
        > > >         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,
        > > >         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,
        > > >         /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mdk:unscaled,
        > > >         /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1
        > > >
        > > > ...Those are all the folders that contain fonts.  If none or
some of these
        > > > folders are missing or empty you must re-install your fonts.
        > > >
        > > > If you have more questions you can reply straight to me.
        > > >
        > > > Richie
        > > >

        > > I have proofed this. The file /etc/X11/fs/config exists and the
paths which are
        > > there exists too. Last time I have installed the system new but
its take too long
        > > and I must configure everithing again, from new.
        > > Thank You for help.
        > >
        > > Seba
        >
        > Hi, IIRC another reason for xfs not starting up is an (almost)
full partition
        > it needs space on. Check with 'df'.
        >
        >     -Frans

        > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200