Fetchmail does exactly what it the name implies. Nothing more.  It fetches mail,
from a remote server, and puts it on the local machine.  From there you can do
anything you want with it.

What you can do is, set up the Linux box to download mail vial fetchmail, and put
the mail in $MAIL for each user.  From there, you can set up Outlook Express to
download mail from your Linux box.  I did this for a while, before I got my cable
connection.

I had one Windows machine, that was not on the Internet, and one Mandrake 7.2
machine that was on a DialUp connection.  I'd download mail to the Linux box over
the modem, and via the network, I'd send mail out from my Linux box, and get the
email my Linux box would download.

But fetchmail on a Linux box, will just put the mail in Outlook Express' mail
folders, you'll still have to download the mail, even if it just from a server on
your local network.
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
10:50PM  up 5 days,  9:52, 3 users, load averages: 0.06, 0.02, 0.00