> Grr..
>
> I'm not sure what the problem is here, but this is still not working for
> me.
>
> My porblem is a little different in that supermounting works fine, I get
> a nice little icon on my desktop and everything, with data cds.  But I
> still can't read from or play audio cd's.  I've tried all of the
> suggestions up untill now.  Do we know what is happening with the cd rom
> issues everybody has been happening, and do you think mine is related,
> or something else entirely?
>
> -Paul Rodríguez

hi,

        I'm not quite sure I'm not restating something as I miss part of the thread
(due to switching over from evolution to Kmail).

In my case when I stick an audio cd in my drive, I need to fire up CD-player
(multimedia -> sound) to get it to playback, that is to hear the music.

There isn't any need to mount (auto or not) an audio-cd. You can't get there
through your standard desktop-icons (be they device- or file-links) as they
only fire up kfm, which is fairly restricted in its audio capabilities:o)

B.t.w. I think automount sucks (on a thinkpad it's a nightmare) so I've
disabled it using: "supermount -disable" on a "su" coimmandline.

Good luck!