Ciao,

Many of us are having problems with LM8.1's Supermount.  Some of the
suggestions that I've seen have been to use KDF (Kdiskfree) and/or add
CDRom icons to the Desktop.  Although these give us the ability to access
the removable media, it is an awkward step backwards.  So I'm starting
this thread to hopefully help those that are having this problem and of
course, the many that will encounter this problem.  If some of these
methods don't work, please contribute to this solution.

---------------------------------

LM8.1 & Supermount - Getting the darn thing to work. - FYI.

I've been fooling around with the CDRoms and Floppy lines in fstab
and got Supermount to work for both the CDRoms and Floppy drive.

Try these lines (one line per device):

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount
fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/hdc,ro,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0

/mnt/cdrom2    /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/scd0,ro,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0

/mnt/floppy     /mnt/floppy     supermount
fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0,nosuid,nodev,exec 0 0

After saving /etc/fstab with your new lines, do a
        umount -a
and then
        mount -a

Now they should mount automatically.

Observations:  Some things that oddly caused this Not to work:

"fs=auto" - (instead, I had to use iso9660 for the CDRoms and vfat for
the
floppy)

"iocharset=iso8859-1, codepage=850" - (I just removed these because they
kept interferring with Supermount)

Good Luck,
Sevatio