+1100

>Actually, the best part of ext3 is that it is fully backwards and forwards
>compatible. An ext2 partition can be mounted as ext3 to get journalling, and
>an ext3 partition can be mounted as ext2. There is no formatting or
>converting involved - just use the appropriate mount options.

You're kidding me!! That's great! So when I get 8.1 and set that up, I only
need to change fstab and that's all? Remount and that's it?
Paul

--
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
-Eric Hoffer

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.6.3 claws
Open Source, Open Minds. Linux.