On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 23:04:28 -0400, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >I'm looking for information on how to convert Ext2 -> Ext3.  Where's a good
> >place to go and read about all this stuff?
>
> Since this involves formatting (the internal structure of the format is
> different) I think it is simple (and annoying).
> Save the data on the partition, format the partition, put the data back.
> Paul

Actually, the best part of ext3 is that it is fully backwards and forwards
compatible. An ext2 partition can be mounted as ext3 to get journalling, and an
ext3 partition can be mounted as ext2. There is no formatting or converting
involved - just use the appropriate mount options.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

        "My girlfriend always laughs during sex -
        no matter what she's reading."
                -- Steve Jobs