Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> This is proof that Microsoft are deliberately targeting browser ID strings
> rather than testing for browser capabilities. Both Mozilla and Galeon use Gecko.
> This _should_ mean that both browsers are treated in the same way, but only
> Mozilla was blocked. This would be because Galeon has a different ID string, and
> MS isn't specifically targeting it.

Sridhar,

Do some sites actually test for browser capabilities dynamically (that
is, each time someone connects to their site)?  It seems like the hard
way to go.  If I was going to change capabilities (or limit access)
based on the type of browser, I can't imagine doing anything other than
checking for a browser ID string.

regards,
Randy Kramer