Ο/Η Traci Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> έγραψε:

Still on the general topic of StarOffice. I am using the 6.0 beta and I
seem to have messed up the database integration some how, or perhaps I'm
just not sure what I should look for if it is working properly. I went
through the StarOffice installation prior to doing the Adabas
installation. The StarOffice installer told me it couldn't find the
database and that if I wanted those features I should run that
installation. I ran the database installation the same way I ran the
StarOffice installation but I can't detect any evidence from inside
StarOffice that I have added the database. There isn't a menu option for
a new data file under the file menu. I have no idea what I should be
looking for but it seems like it ought to be a little more obvious than
this. I originally did a /net install of both programs and then ran a
user install from the directory I created during the /net install. Any
advice on how to get back on track would be appr! eciated. Thanks.

Traci

 Hi Traci,

I'm going to give you an advise about it that worked on Windows, so I guess it will probably work on Linux too. I have installed Adabas prior to StarOffice installation and everything worked fine. When I finally installed StarOffice itself it did actually detected the Adabas installation though I got a message that the database itself would not be installed by the Staroffice although it detected it. Later on, when I started Staroffice the Adabas worked quite well. All those I'm telling you happened under Windows installation but I think the same will happen under LM8.1 since we're talking about the same application. I' ll try it though today under Linux and I promise you I'll come back with all the information I'm able to gather about it

Regards

Dimitris Ioannou

Do You Yahoo!?
Αποκτήστε την δωρεάν σας @yahoo.gr διεύθυνση στο Yahoo! Mail.