On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 00:59, Dimitris Ioannou wrote:

> I'm going to give you an advise about it that worked on Windows, so I
guess it will probably work on Linux too. I have installed Adabas prior
to StarOffice installation and everything worked fine. When I finally
installed StarOffice itself it did actually detected the Adabas
installation though I got a message that the database itself would not
be installed by the Staroffice although it detected it. Later on, when I
started Staroffice the Adabas worked quite well. All those I'm telling
you happened under Windows installation but I think the same will happen
under LM8.1 since we're talking about the same application. I' ll try it
though today under Linux and I promise you I'll come back with all the
information I'm able to gather about it

I made the mistake of installing it in reverse order. I installed
StarOffice first and after the installer told me it couldn't access
Adabas I went ahead and installed Adabas. I was hoping someone would
have a way I could save the situation from where I am rather than
removing both Adabas and StarOffice and starting over. If no one has any
good ideas about how to do that the radical solution is still an option.

Dimitris, it would still be helpful to me if you could tell me how you
know you have Adabas integration when you are looking at the menus
inside of StarOffice. Are there Adabas specific menu choices if this
gets done properly? I would just like to be able to tell when I have
successfully fixed things. <smile>

Traci