the next place to look i would bet is dns, do you have it configured?  can
you ping a site by ip but not name?  can you for example go to 207.200.81.139
but not dmoz.org?  if so the trouble is likely dns

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 07:35, you spoke unto me thusly:

--
Vini, vidi, Linux.  I came, I saw, I got a real OS.

shane
registered linux user #101606 @ http://counter.li.org/
http://www.mystic-light.net/personal/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98