Hello Miark,

On Friday, November 16 2001 at 09:47 AM PDT, you wrote:

> You meant "swap" rather than "root", right Nick?

Yes, sorry... I meant my Swap to be 2x my RAM so I would go for a Swap
partition of about 130 MB or so. Is Root where the actual OS is
installed... The System Files, etc.? Skidley said to make my Root 1 GB
which seems rather large if my entire Drive is only 2.1 GB. Besides, Win
98 itself only occupies 350 MB. Is Mandrake 8.1 that much larger?

Lastly, is the Home partition for all Programs one wants to load? With a
Swap partition of 130 MB and Root of 1 GB, that only leaves me about 900
MB for a Home partition. Does that sound about right? And again, will
DiskDrake allow me to create those partitions or will I have to purchase
Partition Magic?

Sorry to be so persistent, but having never run or installed Linux, this
all seems rather foreign to me although I've been a Win32 User for years.

--
Nick

   -=N.J. Andriash | Courtenay, B.C. Canada=-
Win 98SE | GnuPG v1.06 (MingW32) | Becky v2.00.07