On Wednesday 21 November 2001 05:12 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

> Since mdk8.1 I'm burning floppies like hell. It's not the drive
> itself, I tested that, so it's got to be Mandrake.
> I know Linux is more demanding on floppy quality, but 2 good
> floppies out of 10 is overdoing it :(
> Anybody else have similar troubles?

    Yes, but not that bad, and with many Linux versions.  I believe
my problems stem from not havin bought any new floppy's in several
years.  They do go bad.  Also many were overformatted to <= 1992K and
that tends to make them forever unstable, even when reformatted to
1440k.

   What fs (ext2, DOS)are you using? and what does your floppy fstab
line look like?
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA