On Thursday 22 November 2001 08:11 am, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

> I haven't tried fiddling with the etc/fstab entry yet, wanting to
> know if this was happening to others as well. Apparently it does!
>
> My guess is that setting fs to fat instead of auto might help, but
> I'm not sure as that will force me to have to change the line
> everytime I want to mount a ext2 floppy.
> On the other hand I'm not so sure on the /dev/fd0 and /dev/fd0u1440
> devices and the way they are/or are not linked. (and what's the
> fd-link to ../proc/self/fd doing there?).......any idea's?
>
> Here's  my floppy line from etc/fstab, it's hasn't been altered
> since the installation.
>
> /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

Actually setting fstab to auto is what fixes it for me

none    /mnt/floppy     supermount      auto,user,
iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

   I got that line from a Mandrake developers post on the cooker ML,
you might wanna try it. There should be a comma after auto, BTW.
Supermount is optional, but works flawlessly for me ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA