Ouch!
I  just saw this:
http://www.linux.com/howto/LILO-crash-rescue-HOWTO-1.html#ss1.4
"You MUST make emergency boot disk from time to time and whenever you make
changes to the partition. Insert a blank floppy"
which, of course, I didn't do... so the partition table on the boot floppy
doens't correspond to the existing one. There isn't much change though..
just one more partition cut out of the empty remaining space on the hard
disk...

What now?