Hi all!

I have been looking in the archives for the answer to the first question
below, but so far, I haven't found the solution. I am sure that the answer
is simple. Do you know it?

I dual boot win98 + Mandrake 8.1

Questions:
1- How can I use the boot disk to boot into the console mode rather than the
graphical login?

2- Where can I then see the logs of the booting sequences.

Problem:
KDE or any other window manager won't start anymore. The graphic login only
has two options: previous and failsafe, neither of which get anything
started. There are quite a few error messages that appear during the machine
booting sequence.
I'd like to see what they are so that I can solve (with your precious help)
whatever problem there is.

I recently added a new FAT32 partition using diskdrake and then formated it
under win98. I needed the new partitions so that I could install office2000.
(I unfortunately still need that because of the lacking chinese support
under linux - I still haven't been able to get it working properly). I think
part of the problem is related to this (something about too many partitions
being mounted...).

I'll be able to provide more details about the real problem once I get the
answer to the two questions above...

Thanks for your help,

Anguo