Civileme,

I understand Mandrake's point of view and am willing to live with it
from a 'stand-alone' perspective.

However, I have to use NIS to communicate with our network servers and
my understanding (which is far from extensive :-)) is that I have to
install autofs, tweak auto.master, etc.

How should such users deal with the autofs problem?

Terry Smith
Woods Hole, MA