I just installed 8.1 on a linux partition (my computer also has win 2k on
it)

I have two questions-

fistly lilo has set a defualt of 5 seconds to choose the desired os./ Can
this be changedto 30 secs or whatever I want? where do I change it- i've
looked in the boot folder and have found a message documsnt but it cant be
edited.

Also how do I start xwindows or navigate through the installed software.

When mandrake opens i give my user and p word on the cpomand line.

I can navigate through the folder but most of ot seems to be system files.

Thanks in advance